The Genieve Shelter serves families and individuals attempting to escape domestic violence. The Genieve Shelter is a private, non-profit organization committed to providing a strong, comprehensive safety net for families in our Virginia community. The Genieve Shelter serves the cities of Suffolk and Franklin, the Town of Smithfield, and the counties of Isle of Wight, Southampton, and Surry.
Clients are welcomed by a caring and compassionate staff offering a supportive safe environment. The services are free.
- A 24-hour Crisis Hotline
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Court Accompaniment
- Case Management
- Emergency Shelter
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Children's Services
- Life Skills Family Initiative Program
- Workforce Empowerment Employment Program (W.E.E.P.)
- Children's Program
- Support Groups and Recreational Activities
- Community Volunteer Partnering
24-hour Crisis Hotline
If you need help, call us at 1-800-969-HOPE (4673).